Weekend Highs and Lows #2

Hello everyone!I hope you had a wonderful weekend filled with fun and exciting adventures  If you want more information about the party, please check out this post




Highs

This weekend was the Third Annual Fort Sleepover! I am so excited how well the fort turned out this time and have not had the heart to tear it down yet.  Honestly, if I could leave it up until Christmas rolled around I 100% would.  But that is just the kid in me screaming out.  I am planning to do another post tomorrow with a longer recap of the fort and the fun times that were had. 



This coming Wednesday is my father-in-law's birthday so yesterday we made our way over to their house to celebrate with Justin's family.  The celebration started off with Janelle, Marcy and myself hopping in the pool for a swim with the kids.  To be honest, the water was a bit cold for my liking, but it felt good pretty quickly after that.

Then all of a sudden a water fight broke out and Justin and his dad were using the squirt guns and squirting us with water.  However, JP got ahold of one of the squirt guns and we ended up soaking Justin and his dad.  Such a fun time in the pool.

After swimming we had dinner and enjoyed some chocolate cake that I baked.  Such a fun time hanging out with his family celebrating a special guy.

Lows

If there is one thing I hate more than anything it is doing the dishes and doing laundry.  Guess what we had to do today... both.  There are times where I wish that I did not have to grow up and I could just live in a fort in my living room.  But the chores are done and we were able to relax for the evening before heading back to a busy work week.



Thanks for joining! I cannot wait to read all of your awesome Highs and Lows!



Previous Weekend Highs & Lows
Weekend Highs & Lows #1
I'd love to hear from you!


10 comments

  1. Thanks for hosting!! I love a good link up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I'm glad you enjoyed the party :)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes being an adult seems like no fun... but we still need to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being an adult has good parts and bad parts. Laundry is bad - staying up as late as you want... that's good :)

      Delete
  3. I hadn't seen this link-up yet, but it sounds fun! I really want to hear more about this fort thing you guys do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessie! Did you see the post from today? I did a full recap :) And it is so fun!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for hosting! If you were to ask my husband he would tell you that if I had a choice, I would give up adulting for lent every single year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a great idea Ashley! I will just give up adulting for lent next year :)

      Delete
  5. That fort sleepover looks like a blast. What a great idea for some girl time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kind of happened by accident a few years ago when we were talking about how awesome forts were as kids... then we realized that we are still kids at heart and decided to do an adult sleepover :) So much fun!

      Delete

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a