What's Up Wednesday #5

Happy Wednesday Friends! Today I am linking up with Mix and Match FamilyPinterest Told Me To and The Larson Lingo for the What's Up Wednesday Post.  What's Up Wednesday occurs on the last Wednesday of every month and it is a fun list of questions getting ready for the upcoming month!


1. What We're Eating this Week: 
I have been in such a food rut lately and with it being so hot out, I have not done much cooking lately.  This week I am excited to try this Tortellini Recipe that I had pinned on Pinterest.  Justin and I both have a great love of pasta so I think this recipe will be right up our alley of things we have to try.




2. What I'm Reminiscing About
One of the lovely ladies I went to college with started working with me at my job a few weeks ago and we have been having a ton of fun talking about college and all of the fun we used to have in college.  It has been really great having her work here and finally having someone closer to my age to work with.  



.
3. What I'm Loving
Michigan has finally been cooling down a little bit.  Yesterday was a around 65 degrees for the whole day and that is the perfect temperature for me.  I really enjoy hot weather when there is no humidity, but Michigan does not usually have hot weather without humidity.  When the weather sits between 65-70 degrees, there is low humidity which makes me a happy camper. 

4. What We've Been Up To
August has not been as busy of a month for us, so we have had a ton of time to relax and catch up on any chores around the apartment that we needed to do.  This past weekend we also celebrated my Father-in-Laws birthday with Justin's family.  It was so nice to have a relaxing day at the pool with his family ~ plus we always love time with our niece and nephew.




5. What I'm Dreading
I have podiatrist appointment early this morning that I have been dreading for the past few weeks.  I started seeing my podiatrist a little over 6 weeks ago and I absolutely adore him.  He is kind and pays great attention to his patients.  Plus, he actually talks to me for more than 2 minutes like every other doctor.  The reason that I am dreading the appointment is because last time I was there, he said that if my ankles/feet don't start "calming down" he is going to have to put my in physical therapy.  I really do not want to go to Physical Therapy.  Like reallllyyyyy do not want to do that.  But if it helps my feet/ankles while I am training for this half marathon, then I should probably listen to his advice.



6. What I'm Working On
Random fact of the day: I have always wanted to write a book... So guess what? That is exactly what I am doing.  Right now I am not going to talk to much about it because I am not 100% certain what direction this will take, but I am a bit anxious/excited about the possibility of writing & publishing a book.  All I know is when someone asked me what I would do if I knew I could not fail, the first thing that came to mind was writing a book.  Even if I never publish anything, I want to be able to say that I tried.




7. What I'm Looking Forward To
Getting away for Labor Day weekend.  I have not had any vacation yet this year, so I am looking forward to getting away with Justin and his family for a quick weekend getaway.  His parents bought a pontoon boat this year so I am hoping we can spend some time out on the boat relaxing. 



8. What I'm Watching/Reading
If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you know that I have been watching Bachelor in Paradise. It is one of my biggest guilty pleasures and I cannot stop watching even if I wanted.  I am also watching America's Next Top Model {also a ton of drama this year}, Mistresses, and catching up on Project Runway.  With September right around the corner, a lot of my favorite shows will be coming back, so this girl is very happy.



9. What I'm Listening To
I created this crazy upbeat and fast-paces running playlist for when I am going out for my runs.  I am at the point in my training that I am doing strictly miles instead of time, so I am going to need quicker music to keep me going.  Right now, my favorite song is Pumpin' Blood by NONONO.  I love it because when I need to ground myself, this song reminds me that my heart is there and it is working.



10. What I'm Wearing
A few weekends ago, I went shopping with Christina and got a ton of clothing.  We went to our local mall and shopped around for over five hours.  I am pretty sure we hit every store that had clothing for ladies.  I was not able to find pictures of everything that I purchased, but I did find this dress on the H&M website.  They were having a huge sale and I purchased this dress.  I was thinking it could be super cute with a pair of nude booties and an over sized cardigan.  This dress is so comfortable and soft!




11. What I'm Doing this Weekend
This weekend we do not really have any plans.  We tentatively have plans to go putt putt golfing and out to dinner with some friends of ours and I really hope it pans out.  They both are in grad school so it is always a little more difficult to get time on their calendars.  I sure do love spending time it them though so it will be awesome if it pans out.  

12. BONUS: What is your favorite back to school tradition? 
Shopping for school supplies.  I am obsessed with school supplies and absolutely love anything office supply related, so this time of year is great for me because you can get almost any supply at a discounted price.  Yes! 


Previous What's Up Wednesday Posts:

What's Up Wednesday #1
I'd love to hear from you!

4 comments

  1. Mistresses is one of my fave summer guilty pleasure shows :P I hope Joss gets out of jail soon!
    That's unfortunate re: your podiatrist. I had to go see a dermatologist re: my feet today, so I feel you on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this round-up of your week! Great way to fill in your readers on your day to day ups/downs and in-betweens ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cool idea!!! No favorite back to school tradition for me. As a teacher of 15 years, I always dreaded this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Physical therapy is so helpful and nice. Enjoy it instead of dreading it. It can only help!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a