January Book Review


I cannot believe we are already at the end of January!

For 2016, I have decided that it is important for me to take the time to read books... I know, I know, I say this every year, but this year I promise will be different! 

The goal is to each month, read a random assortment of books and share a few thoughts about the book (but not too much as I don't want to spoil the fun for anyone).  I love reading and I love sharing books with you guys.

Plus, this is a great opportunity for you all to share some of your awesome reads with me! 

If you want to follow/friend me on Goodreads, click here.

And you can keep track all year long by clicking 2016 Books at the top of my blog.  I will keep a running list of books right there for you.

Okay, time for the books I've read // currently reading in January!


My mom recommended this book to me as a quick read and boy was she right! Within the first ten pages I was hooked and did not want to put the book down.  I started reading this book on the plane down to Orlando and managed to read 100 pages on the flight there and another 100 on the flight back.  And of course I finished it while we were heading home from the Upper Peninsula.  If you like a book that puts you right into the story and keeps you on your toes, I would highly recommend this one.  I do have to warn that this book is told from several different perspectives and the timeline skips around, so if that is not your thing, I would maybe pass on this one.  Otherwise, I would highly recommend The Girl on the Train


I have not quite finished this book yet, but I thought I would share with you ladies.  I had the amazing opportunity to see Jennifer Rothschild speak a few years back and she is amazing.  Invisible is perfect for any woman who is struggling to find value in herself and in her relationship with Jesus.  Plus, Rothschild straight talks about her own life, which I can appreciate.  She also has a version of this book geared specifically for young women that could be good for the pre-teen or teen in your life. 


Well that is all for my books for January! Make sure to stop by tomorrow when I am link up with some awesome ladies for....



Plus, we have a bonus question this week: 
What is your favorite Valentine's Treat?



Question of the Day: What good books are you currently reading? 



I'd love to hear from you!





Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a