March: Month @ a Glance


Happy March Friends!

Welcome to March! The time of year when the weather is unpredictable and the points don't matter.  Wait.... 


Last week our weather was allllllll over the place: 45 and sunny Tuesday, 10+ inches of snow Wednesday and 65 and sunny on Sunday.  But guess what? We're supposed to get between 2-8" of snow today! How about them apples?

Curse you Punxsutawney Phil for predicting an early Spring and getting my hopes up.

Okay back to our regularly scheduled post.  March is going to be a slower month planning wise for us, which is good because I have a lot of things I want to do around the apartment that I have been putting off due to our crazy schedule since the new year.

Things Happening This Month
  1. Hair Appointment (yay no more grays!)
  2. Lazy Sunday with the Girls @ Caroline's House
  3. Kiss Me I'm a Runner 5k Virtual Race
  4. Easter Plans

    Goals for March




    1. Read {at least} One Book.  I am planning to read The Last Star by Rick Yancey and All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. 

    2. Mail Letters of Encouragement.  I know for myself I love to get hand written letters, so the idea is to take the time to send letters of encouragement to family and friends.  

    3. Daily Scripture Writing.  The goal is to write the verses from each day.  I am hoping I will do better this month than I did last month.



    4. Track My Food Intake.  Since the new year I have been tracking my food through MyFitnessPal sporadically.  The thought is to dedicate myself to tracking every.single.meal from now until March 31.  It takes 30 days to make a habit right?

    5. Start Packing Up the Apartment.  With putting the offer on the house over the weekend, I realized that I should be taking the opportunity to start packing up the house while I have the time.  I really hate moving (like REALLY hate it) so it only makes sense that I start packing sooner than later.



    Recap from February

    One thing I need to start doing is going through and recapping whether or not I completed my goals for the month.  I mean, what is the point of having goals if I am not checking in on them? 

    My goals for February :
    Read {at least} One Book. 
    I managed to read two books which was great! 
     
    Plan a Fun Date with Justin.  
    On Valentine's Day, Justin and I went to a movie and went out for a delicious Hibachi dinner.  Definitely mt kind of date!

    Complete the Lazyman Triathlon at the YMCA.  
    I totally dropped the ball on this one.  I started the first two weeks out very strong, then life got in my way and I stopped prioritizing my workouts.  I'm disappointed in myself, but it is a good lesson on time management.

    Schedule Doctor Appointments.  
    Looking back now, I realize that the only appointment I needed to schedule was my physical - which is scheduled for March 18th.  So check that off the list.

    Daily Scripture Writing.  
    Again, time management was my weakest link this month.  I'm planning to catch up and start March fresh.




    Question of the Day: What fun things do you have planned in March?

    I'd love to hear from you!

    Post a Comment

    Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a