Stranded with...Medicine Cabinet Items

Happy Wednesday Friends! I hope all is well and you are having a great day so far! Today I am teaming up with Shay and Erika for a fun new series called "Stranded With" where you discuss three things you would take if you were stranded on deserted island.


For today's series, we are focusing on....

Medicine Cabinet Items

Have you watched Naked and Afraid? If not {and you like reality shows with a survival aspect}, I would recommend checking the show out.  When I first read that our first items we could choose from when stranded were medicine cabinet items, I thought about what the people on the show would have brought.  And these are the three things I would concluded I would need to bring from a medicine cabinet.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


My first choice would have to be Neosporin (or anything of similar quality).  I picked this one because if I was stranded on an island, chances are I would managed to get more than a few cuts over time.  So for me in made sense to have an antiseptic medicine handy to protect my skin (and body) from external infection.  Plus, it will help any cuts/injuries heal quicker.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


My second choice would have to be Ibuprofen of some sort.  Ibuprofen has a ton of helping qualities beyond pain relief so this would be good to have.  When I picked this item, I was thinking more from an illness perspective.  Ibuprofen can help reduce fevers and inflammation which could be life saving during an illness with no access to doctor care or antibiotics.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I picked this particular type of bandage because it can serve multiple functions beyond a typical Band Aid.  This can be use to help with cuts as well as used to help make splints for any other types of injuries one might incur while stranded on an island.  It could also be used to keep hair out of your face when your very last hair tie breaks.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So that is my three items I would take with me from my medicine cabinet if I were to be stranded on an Island.  What would you take with you if you were given the opportunity to take three things? I am interested to hear what everyone has in mind when they pick! Let me know what you would bring by commenting her or on other social media channels!

To read what other people are saying, check out the link up on Mix and Match Mama's blog today!


Up Next on Stranded With....

Books! 

This one is going to be hard for me because there are so many books that I would want to bring with me.


6 comments

  1. Neosporin seems to be a popular choice! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering if it would be popular! It is a staple in our house now!

      Delete
  2. Ace bandage...good thinking!!! I brought band-aids. Great minds think alike ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had considered band-aids, but figured I could get more use out of an ace bandage! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Good choice with Neosporin!! My husband really does think it is the cure-all product! :)

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a