Much Needed Spa Day

I always look forward to Saturdays because it means that I get to do whatever I want (that's legal anyway!)
This past Saturday fit that criterion perfectly.

About six weeks ago, I bought a Groupon for a Spa day for me and four of my friends.  We were to choose between mani/pedi, mini facial, mini chair massage or eye lash extension.  I had been looking forward to this spa day for weeks, but once it was done, I was a bit disappointed.  We all opted to have a mani/pedi and a mini chair massage, but we did not receive the service we were expecting.


As you can tell from this picture, our mini chair massage consisted of them using a little machine.  I was expecting someone to do a shortened version of their full massage where someone actually rubs your back with their hands (not a machine).


I think the more disappointing part was the mani/pedi.  Usually when you hear a mani/pedi you expect your feet to be soaked, your cuticles to be cut and a nice filing and round of your nail.  That is not what happened.  All the manicurist did was file our nails and paint them. 
 And while it was disappointing that I did not get to soak my feet and be pampered a bit more, I am pleased with how pretty the polish looks, so that's a plus.

Overall, this was not the greatest experience.  It was super nice to spend the afternoon with good company and to get my nails painted, but I would definitely not be going back to that spa again.   They were a bit of a rip off.


The best part of the day? Seeing my mom's new wedding ring that she received as a result of her old one needing major repairs.  My mom has been religiously going every six months to get her ring cleaned and every time she goes in, there is a loose stone.  So instead of the jeweler having to fix it every time she goes in, she was able to trade in her old ring (minus the diamond) for a new setting.  It's it just too beautiful?!

Question of the Day (married ladies):
If you could change one thing about your wedding ring what would it be?

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a