Bitter is the New Black

Happy Wednesday Everyone! I trust that your first day back to work has been as non-stressful as mine.  I have to say, I really was not looking forward to getting my butt up this morning, but once I got going, I was glad to be heading back to work. 

I had my weigh in at Weight Watchers today and I can honestly say that I am disappointed in the number that showed up on the scale; however, I now know where I am starting and where I need to be.  Let's just say, that to be "healthy" weight, I need to lose a minimum of  34 pounds.  I guess we shall see what this year brings! 

I have been talking about doing a book review for a few weeks now and today I finally had a chance to do one!


Brief Overview

Jen Lancaster was living the sweet life- until real life kicked her to the curb. 

She had the perfect man, the perfect job- hell, she had the perfect life- and there was no reason to think it wouldn't last.  Or maybe there was, but Jen Lancaster was too busy being manicured, pedicured, highlighted, and generally adored to notice.  

This is the smart-mouthed, soul searching story of a woman trying to figured out what happens next when she's gone from six figures to unemployment checks and she stops to reconsider some of the less-than-rosy attitudes and values she thought she'd never have to answer for when times were good.  

Filled with caustic wit and unusual insight, it's a rollicking read as speedy and unpredictable as the trajectory of a burst balloon.  (source)

My Review

I will start with this: I loved this book.  Jen Lancaster is the type of character that you start out hating but begin to love as you see her go through the struggle of what her life becomes.  I often found myself laughing out loud at her almost too entitled attitude and the types of situations that she finds herself in.

I really appreciate that she is not afraid to tell it how it is, even if it is at her own expense and she addresses her weight in a way that all women wish they could.

If you are looking for a light-hearted, funny book to read then I would suggest starting with this one.  


Additional Reviews


I have already borrowed her next book from the library and look forward to starting it after I finish my current read! 

Question of the Day:
What genre of book do you prefer?

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a