Happy New Year!

Hello Everyone! I trust your New Years was as enjoyable as ours was! Originally Justin and I were originally going to go out for the evening, but in a last minute decision decided that it would be better to stay in for the evening and invite a few friends over.  


I have to admit that I was a bit more excited about getting to decorate than I should have been.  We've been at our new place for about three weeks now and have not really had a "house"warming party, so this was my first chance to decorate and invite people over.

We ended up only have my best friend, Danielle, and her boyfriend, Stephen, over and it turned out to be a pretty nice evening filled with silly props and UNO.  Danielle got me Big Bang Theory UNO for Christmas and I was excited to get to play.  



While Justin and Stephen spent some time slaying Zombies on Modern Warfare 3, Danielle and I got caught up since it's been a while since we've spent time together.  Turns out she got an iPad from Stephen for Christmas! How cool is that? 

Once 11:30 came around, we made sure to turn on New Years Rockin' Eve.  It was so weird to not see Dick Clark on the screen as we counted down to the ball dropping.  He was such a symbol of all things New Years Eve.  While Ryan Seacrest did an excellent job, he is no Dick Clark.  May he rest in peace.


Frye was a bit startled by all of the noises and even went so far as to hiss (only the third time I've heard him do that).  You can imagine how thrilled he was when Justin decided to put glasses on him.  Oh well! We wanted him to be part of the fun.

Now here comes the fun part... New Years Resolutions.  So often we all make them but break them in the first month because 1. It gets hard, 2. Life gets in the way, or 3. We just plain don't care anymore.  And I can honestly say that I have fallen into all three categories before.  So this year I am only giving myself a few, and a few that are realistic. 
  1. Run a half marathon 
  2. Sew my first quilt (all by myself)
  3. Make healthier choices with what I eat and drink
  4. Give more of myself than to myself
  5. Read 1-2 books a month
Seems pretty realistic right? I hope so! Another "goal" for 2012 is to write a letter to my birth parents.  A while back I decided to wait to contact them until after the Holidays because of the stress and anxiety it could cause everyone.  So here we are, it's the New Year and now I've got to move.  I will make sure to keep you all posted as this story unfolds!

Questions of the Day:
What are your New Year Resolutions?
What will you do to keep them going?

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a