Divergent Movie

Hello there! How are you this Monday? I trust your day is going well so far and you have gotten your week off to a great start!

If you can remember from my post last Thursday, I was super excited to go see the movie Divergent with a group of my friends.  So on Thursday after work, I rushed home to grab my outfit to change into before running off to get my hair colored.  Now, typically, I am not one to get all excited about dressing up for a movie, but I figured it would be simple enough to dress up for this one since they really are only limited to colors.

If you have read the book, you will know what "faction" I was dressed for.  Just for fun, I took this quiz to see which faction I belonged in and I ended up with Dauntless, so it was easy for me to pick out my outfit.  I ended up borrowing the leather jacket and combat boots from some friends to complete my look.


I also ended up designing a "tattoo" for my collar bone to match the main character of the book.  I actually had quite a bit of fun designing the tattoo for myself and actually may consider getting one in the future... but for now, I am tattoo free.  




To get the actual tattoos on my skin, all I did was draw the birds with a pencil on a note card, use the pencil lead to transfer the design onto my skin, then filled it in with a permanent marker.  It was super simple, and they were washed off by the next morning for when I went into work.  If you would like to try to make a tattoo that last longer than one night, check out this pin I found on Pinterest.


Movie Review
If you are anything like Justin and I, then you pay great attention to the small details when watching a book that is converted to a movie for the first time {and many times to come}.  Can I just say, they did a pretty good job when they converted Divergent  to a movie!  They paid great attention to the details and made sure to capture the essence of each faction really well.  The characters were cast nearly perfect personality wise; however, they did not stay accurate as far as looks go.  They missed the mark on a few key players, but those changes were not significant to the overall story anyway.

I did notice that they took out a few characters that were important in later books, so I am curious to see how that plays out in the next movies.  They also took out a few of the more graphic/violent happenings during initiation that I would have preferred they did not, but I understand that the movie is PG-13 so they probably cannot show a majority of the things that happened in the book.

Overall I really liked the movie and think they did a really good job capturing the essence of the book and I cannot wait to see the next two! 

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite book turned movie?





Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a