If I know I could not fail, I would....


Happy Wednesday Friends! I hope all is going well and you have enjoyed your first half of the week so far.

A few weeks ago when I was quickly running to my desk, I noticed a picture my coworker has on her cubicle wall and it was the one with the quote you see above.  This is something that I have often pondered and I realized that my brain went quickly to a few things: 
1. Write a book
2. Start my own business
3. Go back to school and get a Masters or Doctoral Degree 
4. Live in another country 

They are such a random mixture of things aren't they? I guess that shows you how "scattered" my brain is and how I work. 

Write a Book
Last week in my Thinking Out Loud Thursday post, I mentioned that I have already started working on this one.  To be honest, I have no idea what I am doing.  It is a bit overwhelming to think about taking the story that is floating around in my head and translating it to a legible and exciting story to read.  What I can tell you is that it has to do with zombies.  I have a created a board on Pinterest to draw some inspiration, but if you or anyone you know has tips on how to write a successful book, I would be happy to connect with you! 

Start my Own Business
This one is a bit trickier for me.  I know that I have the skills and the ability to potentially be successful at my own business, but it would require me to quit my current job and with that I am not 100% comfortable.  I have always loved planning and throwing parties, so if I were to go into business for myself, I would go into some sort of party planning business.  Seeing people surrounded by their loved ones celebrating a huge event in their life brings me so much joy - if only I could do that for a living.

Go Back to School
If you have been reading the blog, you will remember that I attempted to get a Masters in Industrial and Organizational Psychology and ended up dropping out after three months {total fail}.  To be honest, I know that it was the right decision for me to drop out and not return, but it has always bothered me quite a bit.  I am generally not a person who gives up on things and dropping out was a difficult decision to make.  Now I am to the point where I am interested in going back for a Masters Degree, but I have noooo idea what I would even go back to study.  I will have to put more thought into this one...

Live in Another Country 
I know this sounds a bit strange - living in another country - but it is something that has always fascinated me.  The idea of leaving everything behind to start a new life, in a new place, with totally new people, is very exciting to me.  My best friend is planning to move to Bali sometime next year and I am so very excited for her! To be able to move and live in another country {even if only for a few months} is so cool.  I am hoping when she moves out there I can, at least, go for a visit to see her.  


So these ^ are my if I could not fail items.  What do yours look like? I am interested in seeing if we have any similar ideas! 

Question of the Day: What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

I'd love to hear from you!



9 comments

  1. Yes, to all of yours. I would totally do all of them. Thanks, for this motivating post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these ideas! I've always thought about writing a book. In fact, I wanted to be a writer when I was growing up and used to write all sorts of short stories that I would make my sister add artwork to. I have a friend who recently became a self-published author and is releasing his second book now. If you can dream it you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Business indeed for me too! I wanna visit or live in another country too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully as a writer you're already familiar with NaNoWriMo? GREAT way to finish a first novel :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not interested in writing my own book or going back to school. I have a Master's Degree now...so I've had enough schooling. At this point in my life, I wouldn't want to live in another country because I want to be close to my parents, but maybe one day. Now you've got me thinking of future goals. Hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, great list! I would definitely do some of these too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to write a cookbook or move to California--I would love to live there for at least a year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goal was to have 6 pack abs and celebrate my birthday on the beach for my 40th. I injured my arm so the ab thing was sidetracked. My Miami trip was canceled thanks to the hurricane, but I still will be celebrating on the beach this weekend, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a