Show and Tell Tuesday: Me in High School

Happy Tuesday Friends! I hope all is well and you are having a great day so far! Today I am teaming up with Andrea for another fun round of Show and Tell Tuesdays.  


Today's post is going to be all about who I was in High School.  I have a lot of fond memories from high school, so this will be a fun post for me to do with you all!

So who was I in high school...?

A Soccer Player.  For all four years of high school, I played soccer on the varsity team {I should add that varsity was the only option}.  I loved playing soccer and it took up most of my time during the Spring semester.  Freshman year started out shaky, but over time I was able to get a starting position and played defense for all four years I played on the soccer team at Oakland Christian.

I was recruited to play for the college team, but ended up turning down the opportunity because it would be too time consuming and I had to keep my grades up for a scholarship. 



A Dancer.  Because I went to a small, private High School, there really was no offering for dance or cheerleaders.  However, my freshman year, my best friend decided that we needed to have a Dance Team so her and her mom put one together.  In the four short lived years it was there, the team performed at half time during the men's basketball games.  Ah, that was so much fun.



A Girlfriend.  If you did not already know, Justin and I are high school sweethearts.  We started "dating" when I was a sophomore and he was a senior {scandalous, I know}.  I put dating in quotation marks because I really was not allowed to date at the time and we kept our relationship a secret from my parent.  Looking back at it now, I am sad we were not able to be more open about it, but you cannot change the past and he is still the love of my life. 




A Traveler.  During high school, I traveled to a few different places.  Like most high schools, our group took a trip to Washington D.C. to visit The White House and to gain a better understanding of all of the wars that happened.  I also went to Mexico on a mission trip.  That trip was a bit hard for me because I wanted to rescue everyone and give them a better life.  Call me a sap if you will.  We also went to The Grand Canyon as a family when I was about 16.  I have to say that was my favorite family {and one of the only} trips that we took.  Even though I was mad at the time, I am glad my parents made me get up at the butt crack of dawn to watch the sun rise over the canyon.  Definitely one of the sights I will never forget. 






A "Good" Student: On top of participating in sports and doing missions work, I also was highly involved in extra curricular activities.  I was a part of the student government, played piano for the middle school choir and I was president of the Modern Language Club.  Honestly, I think my favorite activity was Modern Language Club.  I loved coming up with all kinds of fun activities that we could do as a group.  



Looking back at it all now, I am amazed at how much I was able to do back then and keep myself going! Man do I wish I still had that much energy...

Next time on Show and Tell Tuesdays.....

Where were you on 9/11?



Question of the Day: What do you miss most about high school?


I'd love to hear from you!



2 comments

  1. Overall I didn't entirely enjoy high school, but I used to like hanging out with my friends in the morning and during lunch - we had a specific "corner" we'd hang out at and also a lunch table :). I also really enjoyed swim team and orchestra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had the option to do swim team in high school! I would have loved to do that!

      Delete

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a