Show & Tell Tuesday: September 11th Edition

 Happy Tuesday Friends! I hope all is well and you are having a great day so far! Today I am teaming up with Andrea for another fun round of Show and Tell Tuesdays.  



Technically this linky party was last week, so I am not going to be linking up with Andrea.  But with September 11th this Friday, I thought this would be a good post to do today. 

Whenever there is a tragedy, everyone can remember exactly where they were and what they were doing when it happened.  Unfortunately, I can remember when I learned about the towers falling.

I was in 7th grade and we were in gym class.  That particular day, we were working on basketball skills and the teacher was having us practice our free throws.

I remember my teacher coming into the gym and telling us all to sit down.  She then proceeded to tell us what had happened - that a plane had crashed into one of the twin towers and that several thousand people had lost their lives.

After we all had a moment to process what had happened, she took us to the office and had us watch the news report.  I remember the silence in the room as we all sat there watching the events unfold before our eyes.

After that point, the school called all of our parents and had them pick us up early from school.  It was so surreal as we all filed back to our lockers to grab our books and waited for our parents to arrive.  

The rest of the evening, my parents and I sat and watched the news as more and more reports began to come out of the woodwork.  I remember going to bed early and feeling so upset for the families of those that had passed and feeling so grateful that my family was safe. 

Up Next on Show and Tell Tuesdays...

5 People You'd Invite to Dinner


Previous Show and Tell Tuesdays:

Question of the Day: Where were you during 9/11?



I'd love to hear from you!


Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a