Show and Tell Tuesday: Christmas Decor Edition

Happy Tuesday Friends! I hope all is well and you are having a great day so far! Today I am teaming up with Andrea for another fun round of Show and Tell Tuesdays.  



Today I am going to share my Christmas decorations with you all! I am excited that Justin and I finally had a chance to get all of our decorations up in the apartment over the weekend.  

When it comes to Christmas decor, I tend to get a little crazy.  Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday so I love to surround myself with all of the decorations we have plus the Christmas tree.



Last weekend, we went with Justin's family to get our trees.  I really love going out to get the tree - there is just something about being outside in the fresh air surrounded by pine trees.  I wish I didn't have an issue touching the pine needles (I'm allergic to the needles) because I would have a few more choices for type of tree.  

After the tree is decorated with lights and ornaments, I take the time to decorate our "mantle".  This is decorated with a bunch of random items I have purchased or have been given over the years.  Two of the items you can see here are items purchased at craft shows.  I love getting little items from shows to support other local artists.


On the other side of the living room, I have a picture frame and glittery train next to the peace lily from my grandma's funeral.  I have to say I am very glad that plant is still living as I have a very black thumb and cannot keep plants living to save my life.  


In the kitchen I have our blackboard decorated with fun Christmas sayings, a rug and some fun Christmas towels.  I wish I had more fun things to put up, but there really just is not a place for me to put them.  Maybe next year we will have a house where I can really deck out the kitchen for Christmas.  We shall see! 


The last part of the apartment I decorate for Christmas is the main hallway.  This year I made some artwork to hang on the one wall and hung the cardinal artwork my mom purchased me on the adjacent wall.  I will share a tutorial on how to make the artwork later this week! 


Well that is it for our decorations in our home! I cannot wait to see some of the other decorations you all have in your homes.  


Question of the Day: What is your favorite Christmas decoration in your house? 



I'd love to hear from you!


3 comments

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a