There is just something about a September TBR that feels extra exciting.
Maybe it is the back-to-school feeling that never quite goes away, or the cooler evenings that make me want to curl up with a blanket and a book. Either way, September always feels like the perfect time to get a little more intentional about what I want to read.
Of course, we all know that having a TBR and actually sticking to it are two very different things. My reading mood can change completely from one week to the next, so I am trying not to treat this list like a strict checklist. Instead, think of it as a collection of books I am excited about right now.
So, here is what I am hoping to read this September.
My Book Club Picks
First up are the books I actually have commitments to read this month.
I always love having a book club book on my TBR because it gives me a little extra motivation to pick up something I might not have chosen on my own. There is also something fun about knowing that I will get to talk about the book with other readers once I finish it.
For September, my book club picks are:
First up are the books I actually have commitments to read this month.
I always love having a book club book on my TBR because it gives me a little extra motivation to pick up something I might not have chosen on my own. There is also something fun about knowing that I will get to talk about the book with other readers once I finish it.
For September, my book club picks are:
This book is a pick for a local book club called Realm Readers. It's a fantasy book club that focuses on series reads. I am excited to read this one as the description is so intriguing. AND the cover is just so pretty.
Get yours here:
One Dark Window by Rachel Gillig
I have heard from so many of my friends that this book is so very good so, of course, when I had the opportunity to suggest it for our buddy read book club I had no choice but to ask my friends to read it with me.
Get yours here:
The House Wife by Natalie Barelli
I randomly signed up for the Cocktail Bookclub at my local bookstore because it was a mystery book and I'm always interested in a mystery read. I'm hoping this one will be exciting and also cozy at the same time.
Get yours here:
This is our September pick for the Craft and Crime Bookclub. If you don't know what that is, be sure to check out our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craftandcrimebookclub
Get yours here:
I am especially excited to see whether these books live up to my expectations. Of course, I will have to report back once I have finished them!
ARCs I Need to Read
Next up are my ARCs, because apparently I enjoy creating deadlines for myself.
There is something especially exciting about getting to read a book before its official release date. It is also a little intimidating when several upcoming releases start piling up on your Kindle or bookshelf.
My September ARC lineup includes:
The Washwoman at the River's End by Megan Shade
Synopsis: A stunningly haunting gothic romantasy inspired by the Scottish legend of the Washerwoman, following an immortal woman cursed to wash the grave clothes of the dying for eternity and the man blood-sworn to kill her. Perfect for readers who love The Knight and the Moth, One Dark Window, and the Scottish atmosphere of Outlander.
Next up are my ARCs, because apparently I enjoy creating deadlines for myself.
There is something especially exciting about getting to read a book before its official release date. It is also a little intimidating when several upcoming releases start piling up on your Kindle or bookshelf.
My September ARC lineup includes:
The Washwoman at the River's End by Megan Shade
Synopsis: A stunningly haunting gothic romantasy inspired by the Scottish legend of the Washerwoman, following an immortal woman cursed to wash the grave clothes of the dying for eternity and the man blood-sworn to kill her. Perfect for readers who love The Knight and the Moth, One Dark Window, and the Scottish atmosphere of Outlander.
Get yours here:
Synopsis: Ara knows the people who go into the sky do not come back.
Get yours here:
So she’s rightly terrified when she’s taken captive on a warship after saving the life of an enemy soldier, an act seen as treason by her harshly regimented country. In the sky, she’s put through a process known as Integration, designed by the ship’s eccentric captain to bring prisoners of war onto Hevalla's side.
Because Hevalla wants to use her, and the blood magic she and other Rhavnans might have, to bolster the war effort.
But Ara is loyal. She knows what’s right.
She won’t break that easily.
And she won’t get distracted by a man she thought was dead, a former friend turned strict officer who wants to protect her...
Or by the unnerving prisoner who came up with her, who just might make her powerful.
Get yours here:
These are some of the books I am most curious about this month, and I am hoping to get through them before their release dates. I will also be sharing my thoughts as I go, so keep an eye out for those reviews.
Books I've Been Meaning to Read Forever
And then we have the category that somehow manages to grow every single month: the books I already own.
You know the ones.
The books I bought because I was absolutely convinced I would read them immediately. The books that have been sitting on my shelves for months. The books I keep moving from one TBR list to another.
September feels like a good time to finally make some progress. And honestly, I'm not going to list them here because I have a feeling they'll get put on the back burner.
A few books I would love to get to this month are:
The Butcher Legacy by Alaina Urquhart
And then we have the category that somehow manages to grow every single month: the books I already own.
You know the ones.
The books I bought because I was absolutely convinced I would read them immediately. The books that have been sitting on my shelves for months. The books I keep moving from one TBR list to another.
September feels like a good time to finally make some progress. And honestly, I'm not going to list them here because I have a feeling they'll get put on the back burner.
A few books I would love to get to this month are:
The Butcher Legacy by Alaina Urquhart
I have been waiting for this book to come out so of course I am really hoping I can get to it this month!
Get yours here:
Get yours here:
Another third in a series and I'm so excited to read it. Thank Sherlock Holmes but more eclectic and chaotic. It's so good.
Get yours here:
Barnes and Noble
Will I read all of them? Probably not.
Will I continue adding books to my TBR while these are waiting? Almost definitely.
But that is part of the fun.
Will I read all of them? Probably not.
Will I continue adding books to my TBR while these are waiting? Almost definitely.
But that is part of the fun.
A Few Mood-Reading Options
I also like having a few books available for when my reading mood inevitably changes.
Because sometimes you plan an entire month of mysteries and suddenly all you want to read is a romance.
Or you plan to read five new releases and suddenly that 400-page fantasy you've been avoiding looks incredibly appealing.
So I am keeping a few extra options nearby:
A cozy read for quiet evenings
A mystery or thriller for when I want something fast-paced
A romance for when I want something lighter
A book I've been saving for the perfect time
A complete wildcard that I haven't planned for at all
Because sometimes the best book you read all month is the one you never intended to pick up.
A mystery or thriller for when I want something fast-paced
A romance for when I want something lighter
A book I've been saving for the perfect time
A complete wildcard that I haven't planned for at all
Because sometimes the best book you read all month is the one you never intended to pick up.
What I Hope to Read This Month
Looking at this list, I already know that I probably won't get through every single book.
And that is okay.
I am trying to remind myself that a TBR is supposed to be a list of possibilities, not a list of obligations. Reading is supposed to be something I enjoy, and I don't want to turn it into another thing I feel like I have to accomplish.
If I read everything on this list, fantastic.
If I read half of it, also fantastic.
And if I completely abandon this TBR three days into September because another book catches my attention? Well, that sounds pretty realistic too.
For now, though, I am excited about these books and looking forward to seeing where my September reading takes me.
What is on your September TBR? Tell me what you're planning to read this month, especially if there is a book you think I absolutely need to add to mine.
Looking at this list, I already know that I probably won't get through every single book.
And that is okay.
I am trying to remind myself that a TBR is supposed to be a list of possibilities, not a list of obligations. Reading is supposed to be something I enjoy, and I don't want to turn it into another thing I feel like I have to accomplish.
If I read everything on this list, fantastic.
If I read half of it, also fantastic.
And if I completely abandon this TBR three days into September because another book catches my attention? Well, that sounds pretty realistic too.
For now, though, I am excited about these books and looking forward to seeing where my September reading takes me.
What is on your September TBR? Tell me what you're planning to read this month, especially if there is a book you think I absolutely need to add to mine.
Shop all books here: https://collections.brandcycle.net/collections/2c258aae-7ee8-4c1b-bff4-4774ac1cbe9a
Have a wonderful day,
Jackie
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Jackie
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. Read my full disclosure policy here.
.png)

Post a Comment
Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a