Blustery Wednesday & Delicious Brownie Cupcakes

Hello Everyone! I hope you're having a wonderful hump day! Michigan has been some of it's classic crazy weather today with Winter Storm Vulcan.  Last night around midnight we started seeing some rather heavy snow fall that carried over through most of the day today. 

Because of the weather predicting to be so horrible, Justin and I stayed home and worked from home for the day and I am super glad we did! Plus, Danielle ended up coming over for the day because she was home from work and only lives a mile away.


Frye got all excited when I went to open the blinds to take a picture, so I made sure to grab one really quick while he as being all adorable and what not.  How can you not want to pet that fluff ball?


Once we were done with work for the day, Danielle decided it would be fun to bake something since it had been so long since either one of us had baked anything! She came across this pin on Pinterest but I did not have boxed brownies.  So we made the brownies from scratch and went from there.  Of course the directions we followed made them look absolutely perfect and ours were...not so pretty.

Theirs:
SpringRaine's Page

Ours:

Notttt exactly the same thing right? I guess we put too much batter into the bottom of the pan and put too much on top which made it near impossible for the marshmallow to melt in a natural position.  Just remember if you decide to try and make these that you need to put about half as much batter as you would expect and they should turn out perfectly.  Next time I make them, I will try this theory out and let you know how it goes! 

In the mean time, here's a grainy picture of what they looked like as they baked.  I laughed pretty hard! I think the marshmallows puffed up a bit more than any of us were expecting.


I do want to add, that even though these were not very pretty looking, they were very delicious! I would recommend you trying them when you have a chance! 

I also had some time today to work on a St. Patrick's Day craft that I will share when I share our mantel with you all! I'm hoping I will actually get the mantel decorated before St. Patrick's Day next Monday.  Fingers crossed! 

Question of the Day:
What recipe have you tried that did not turn out at all how you were expecting?



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a