Show and Tell Tuesdays: Advice to High School Self

Happy Tuesday Friends! I hope all is well and you are having a great day so far! Today I am teaming up with Andrea for another fun round of Show and Tell Tuesdays.  



Advice to High School Self

*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

For today's post, we are going to talk a little bit about high school and what advice I would give myself if given the opportunity.

For me, high school was so much fun.  I was active, I had tons of friends and I was involved in pretty much everything with which I could possibly be involved.  Every day I would come to school, eat my pop tarts and spend my morning socializing before I would make my way to classes.  

After school I would either head my way to piano lessons, soccer or dance and the evenings would end with dinner with my family and homework.  Honestly, high school was pretty good for me. 

So looking back at it now, what advice would I give my high school self? 

Slow your roll, sweetie 

In high school, everyone spends their entire high school career looking forward to the rest of their lives.  And like everyone else, I did too.  Looking back on it now, I wish I would have just taken the time to really enjoy my high school years.  Yeah there were some negative parts of being in high school, but sometimes I wish I had really appreciated my time there more than I did during my four years there.  

Trust your gut, it is probably right
 
In high school, one of my best friends had severe issues with self-harm.  When I found out about her issues, I was really not sure what to do.  Of course, the natural thought would be to tell someone, right? Well I was so afraid of what would happen to our friendship that I kept it to myself.  Thankfully someone else ended up speaking up to the counselor and they got her help.  But looking back at it now, I wish I had trusted my gut in this situation (and several others).  


 Follow your passions
In high school, I managed to be active in several different sports, but I still wish to this day that I had done Cross Country.  In high school, it was just too much for my mom to manage working and me doing sports year round, so Cross Country never made it on my list of sports I played.  But I should have worked with her to come up with a way for me to do this.  Running made me happy and to this day I wish I would have pushed back on this area with my mom.  


*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

Well that is all for today's post!

Next up on Show and Tell Tuesdays.....

Tell us a scary story



Question of the Day: What advice would you give high school self?

I'd love to hear from you!

4 comments

  1. Just found your blog through the Show and Tell linkup. I am also a runner. Love your 2016 run schedule. Looks like you have done some fun races and have some fun ones coming up. classysoutherntexan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for stopping by! I will be sure to come and check out your blog! I am always on the hunt for fellow runner blogs :)

      Delete
  2. Yes! Slow your roll is the best advice :) I wish I would have listened back then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It is crazy how quickly those four years can fly by, isn't it? It was some of the best times of my life and I realize now that I was in such a hurry to get through it that I missed a lot.

      Delete

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a