Adoption Update

Happy Friday Everyone! I hope that everyone had a wonderful week and has an exciting weekend planned.
I wanted to give everyone a bit of an update on the search for my birth parents.  Since my last post, I have had several discussions with my mom and have began doing some major research on the processes on looking for my birth parents.
Not too long after my last post, my mom gave me a picture of my birth parents.
I wish it was a better quality picture, but it's the best one that I have.  This is my birth parents, Cheryl and Tom, two weeks after I was born.  Pretty neat picture huh? I think I look a lot like Cheryl, but the majority of people that have seen this picture, think I look like Tom.  We shall see!
Last week, I spent a great deal of time online researching the process necessary to starting my search.  Because my adoption was a bit different from most adoptions (i.e. my birth parents selected my adoptive parents) the process is a bit different.  In standard adoptions, the adoptee does not have a name for either birth parent, and I've been fortunate enough to have the name of both of  my parents.

In my research, I discovered that in the state of Massachusetts, all adoptions files are closed even if the adoption is open or semi-open.  This means, I would have to get in touch with the person in charge of the adoption paperwork and ask to get the file open.  Seems like a lot of work to me, but if that is what I have to do, then that is what I will do.

Another neat thing I found in my research is this article: Searchinig for Birth Relatives.
The article talks about all of the things you need to do to be prepared to begin your search.  If you are thinking about finding your birth parents, this is a good website to check out!

Another thing I did was join Adoption Registry Connect.  This is a site where you can post an "ad" about yourself and who you are looking for.  If you are intersted in seeing my advertisement, you can check it out: here.  The purpose of this post is in the off chance that my birth parents would see it and get in contact with me through that means.

That is all I have for now regarding the adoption story.  If you have any questions, please do not hesistate to contact me through my blog!


 

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a