Just stopping by...

Happy Friday Friends! I hope you are having the most wonderful week and are looking forward to some fun and exciting adventures this weekend! We are looking forward to painting the dining room and a Going Away/Halloween party tomorrow.

I wanted to pop by really quickly to apologize for disappearing! This week has been a bit chaotic and I felt it would be unfair to you all to just throw together a few posts for the sake of posting.  The last thing I want to do is just post something.  I will admit I am a bit sad I missed another fun round of Show and Tell Tuesdays, but such is life.

On a super exciting note, I finished the Detroit International 1/2 Marathon this past Sunday and I got a new car this week! 


Quick Recap of the 1/2 Marathon

If you do not know what the Detroit International 1/2 Marathon is, it is almost exactly what you would expect it to be.  We run from the U.S. into Canada and back via the Ambassador Bridge and the Windsor Tunnel.  


I have to admit, I really did not enjoy this race {the above picture was taken at mile 3}.  I really struggled to finish this race and was having a hard time overcoming the mental part of running a 1/2 marathon.  I am grateful I had the opportunity to run and finish the 1/2 marathon, but I did not leave this one feeling awesome about myself.  


However, now that a few days have gone by and I have had a chance to really digest the race, I feel super proud that I finished the race.  And I am really grateful for the team with which I run and the organization {and people} we run for.  I look forward to running the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon in 3 weeks!


Getting a New Car!

If you remember, last week I shared about my car being totaled.  Thankfully, the insurance came back and offered us $3000 more than we owed on the car which allowed us to get me a new vehicle.  We had picked out a new car a few weeks back, but the car could not have the deals applied to it until October 18th, so we had to wait to pick it up.

Well, at 9:00 am on the 18th, we got the call we could come get the car and on Tuesday evening we rushed after work to pick up the car.  We ended up buying a 2016 Chevy  Malibu and so far I am loving the vehicle! I feel a little technology challenged because it is so much more advanced than my old car.  


Do you name your cars? My last car had the name Fausta Fiesta and my new car has been aptly named Merida Malibu.  We thought it was a fun name and seeing as I have bright red hair currently, it felt only natural to give her a name after a red-headed character. 


As I learn more about the car, I will be more excited to share with you all! So far, I am most excited about the Apple CarPlay - now to figure out how to actually use it. 

Well that is all for my quick pop in - I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I look forward to catching up on Monday!

Question of the Day: Do you name your car? What is your current car's name?
I'd love to hear from you!

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a